Why Was The Compassion Center Created?
The Compassion Center was created out of the need to help people who have various issues in their lives by teaching them how to utilize Meditation and meditative techniques. These issues include:
- Extreme Stress
- Anger and Aggressiveness
- Drug and Alcohol Dependence
- Grief Due to the Loss of a Loved One
- Problems Getting to Sleep
- Difficulty in Focusing the Mind
- Constant Chatter in Our Heads
- Inability to Stay in the Moment
For some, addressing these issues through “conventional” methods has not worked (or only worked temporarily). Meditation can be successfully used to treat all of these issues and much more.
When Are Classes Offered?
As of September 12, 2023, we are offering meditation classes as follows:
- Virtual Classes via Zoom: We lead classes via Zoom every Thursday from 7:00 to 7:30 pm EST. To attend these classes, please sign-up for our newsletter. The Zoom login details are sent out every Thursday morning. These classes are also by donation.
- Private Meditation Classes. We offer private meditation classes in person in Catskill (Palenville), NY, and also virtually (online via Zoom). To book a private in-person meditation class, please click here. If you are interested in private classes at your home or business, please click here to contact us with your information or call (888) 377-7761.
If you have never formally learned to meditate, we recommend that you look at our Learn to Meditate page.
What Is The Significance Behind the Name The Compassion Center?
Dan Globus came to understand through his meditation practice that one of the keys in his personal growth was to learn to have and show great compassion. This compassion is not simply meant for others. It is also meant for the one being that many of us forget about…ourselves. For some, it is easy to ask for forgiveness and to give forgiveness to others. However, for others, it can be very difficult to have compassion for ourselves. Dan believes that we must learn to develop great compassion for others and ourselves.